Monday, October 23, 2017

Dylusions Ink Spray


I'd been wanting to try Dylusions Ink Spray because of the intense colors that it produces. Only thing . . . it's expensive . . . around $7 to $8 a bottle.

This After Midnight was just under $4 on Amazon so I ordered it.  
IMG_7678

I sprayed it on a couple pages of my art journal. 
IMG_7665

I also sprayed my hand. 
IMG_7666

And my shorts. 
IMG_7676

And the floor. 
IMG_7681

I didn't get a chance to look at the pages until a few days later. When I rubbed my fingers on the ink I found that although it had dried, it hadn't set. Powdery dark ink stained my fingers. 

Researching online, I found that I shouldn't have prepped the pages with Gesso. It prevents the ink from being absorbed into the paper. O-M-G.
IMG_7677

And so I did the only thing that I could think of . . . I painted Mod Podge onto the two pages. 
IMG_7675

This is what I have now.  !!!!!
IMG_7674


10 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

OH.MY.GAWWWWDDDDD!!! After all that mess you end up with blue pages?? aieyaeyae!!!! hahahahaaa

jalna said...

VERY BLUE AND SHINY pages, Les!! Hahahahaha!!!

Chet Colson said...

A colorful learning experience...color reminds me of the Blue Men...ha!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Oh! Intense! Very nice.

Anonymous said...

J: so funny-no need manicure just spray that thing and yuu'll be okay. Were the stains easy to remove from the floor? I love following your adventures in art, which proves you have to suffer for it. -N

Anonymous said...

LOL! That sounds like something I would do...Get paint everywhere and then thinking whatever I was working on would turn out exactly how it should..but NOT! But, the blue color is a nice blue! But, I know you will be able to turn those blue pages into something artistic!

Izsmom

Anonymous said...

i would be covered in paint too!!! ~matsu

jalna said...

Hahahaha, Chet!!!

SO Intense, Aunty.

LOL, N . . . cleaning was a whole 'nother experience. I didn't take a picture of it, but my desk was also splattered. The ink is water soluble (thank goodness) but so intense that while first wiping all I managed to do was spread it around even more. EEKS!

Thanks Izsmom! I like the blue too. I'm almost done with the two pages. I'll post the picture tomorrow.

Hahahaha, Matsu!

Susan said...

Thankful it's water soluble! Love the color though : )

jalna said...

Really, Susan!!