Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Orijen Dog Treat


When Kona was under the weather and not eating well, an anonymous commenter recommended that I try Orijen dog treats.  

I got this bag for $14.50 from Amazon.
IMG_6836

I chose the Original Treat which is made of chicken, turkey and flounder. There were more varieties to choose from including Angus beef, duck, lamb, and others.
IMG_6837

They are made-in-Canada very light-weight, freeze-dried nuggets. Kona sniffed his first piece suspiciously . . . because that's just how he is . . . and after his initial taste test, wolfed down the next few pieces. 
FullSizeRender

Kona's appetite is back to normal, so I don't really need to buy him "special" treats, but he really likes this so I'll probably order more . . . maybe the Angus beef next time.  Thanks for the tip, Anon!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Glad to hear Kona is feeling better!

Izsmom

jalna said...

I'm soooo glad too, Izsmom!

Honolulu Aunty said...

such a sweet doggie. you are so good to him.

Anonymous said...

I knew he would love it like my doggie does! Its real meat and better yet easy to digest..perfect for an older dog.

Go kona go! Maybe dad will let you play wuth his new toy!!!3

Chet Colson said...

Whoa...Kona eats better than I do, LOL. Good to hear he has his appetite back.

jalna said...

Aunty, he is such a gentle pooch.

Hahaha, Anon.

Thanks Chet.

Leslie's pics said...

Are they crunchy or more chewy? I'm looking for more chewy stuff for Mick since her teeth seem so non existent these days. Poor thing, she can't eat the treats we give her too easily. Glad Kona is doing better :)

jalna said...

Les, I think Mick would like it. I'll give you some.

mmiissee said...

I'm glad Kona liked it = )