Sunday, November 27, 2016

Japan - Day 8 - Geibi-kei Gorge

Thursday, October 20, 2016   Hiraizumi, Iwate

This was one of the excursions that I was most looking forward to on this tour. Although it turned out to be not as colorful as I was expecting, it was still a memorable experience cruising through the beautiful, narrow gorge. 

DSC01229a

DSC01348a

DSC01235a

DSC01239a

DSC01251a

DSC01257a

DSC01262a

DSC01274a

DSC01280-2a

DSC01282a

DSC01291a

DSC01292a

DSC01301a

DSC01307a

DSC01312a

DSC01338a

IMG_6721a

IMG_6715a

12 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

so pretty!!! do the leaves even turn color in there? Cause that would be cool!!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Ooooooh. Was that a wisteria trellis that Sweetie posed under? My favorite when it is in bloom. I can imagine the gorge when all the fall colors are in play, but it was still very pretty in your pictures.

Was looking for your food. No musubi on the boat ride?

Susan said...

Wow, so beautiful. I can only imagine.

Chet Colson said...

Amazing. What a beautiful tour of the gorge. So serene and tranquil. Cool,with the koi in there.

Anonymous said...

j: love you guyz have your shoes off...did they put koi in the river? -N

jalna said...

I know, Les!! I've seen photos online where it's really colorful there.

Oh no wonder, Aunty . . . the brochure mentioned wisteria and I was wondering where it was. So wasn't in bloom then. And no . . . we didn't eat on board.

Me too Susan . . . I can only imagine more color.

Chet, it was veeeery tranquil.

There were koi in there, N.

Kay said...

That's so pretty. We had to row ourselves into the gorge we visited a few years ago. This looks wonderful.

K and S said...

so pretty!

Mark Shelby said...

You want to ride in da boat? Shoes OFF everybody!

jalna said...

That sounds so neat, Kay.

It was, Kat!!

LOL, Mark!

Erick said...

That one boatman pushes that boat? Wow! Great shots.

jalna said...

I thought that was pretty amazing too, Erick.