Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wendell's Pork Chili Verde


This was super, super ono . . . the pork was tender and full of flavor.  Wendell got the recipe from here

IMG_4879

  • 4-5 lbs. boneless pork shoulder, cubed
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 28 ounce canned tomatillos
  • ½ cup onion chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 14 ounce green enchilada sauce
  • 16 ounce salsa verde
  • 4 ounce diced green chilies
  • ½ Tablespoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch

In a medium sized skillet, add olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Brown the sides of the pork and add them to the slow cooker.

In a food processor add the tomatillos and blend until smooth. Add it to the slow cooker alone with chopped onion, garlic, green enchilada sauce, salsa verde, green chilies, cumin, dried oregano, and salt.

Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4. An hour before serving, take out 1 cup of juice from slow cooker and whisk it with the cornstarch. Add it back to the slow cooker and allow to thicken and cook for about 1 more hour.


Here's the picture I took before I saw Landon's version. You can tell who the real chef is.
IMG_4870


7 comments:

Honolulu Aunty said...

Yum yum, slurp slurp! Just looking at the cheese melting on the delicious pork (why is it that pork is SO delicious?) and then topped off with sour cream and cilantro, I could almost smell it. Too bad I didn't get to eat!

mmiissee said...

WOW!!! Looks so delicious.

jalna said...

Melted cheese is always good yah, Aunty!!

I hope you get to try make it, Mmiissee.

Mark Shelby said...

Looks Awesome! Have you ever used corn tortillas Jalna? I think they ad much better flavor than plain flour tortillas.

Plus, don't forget da Red Onions!<~~~! ; )

I'm lucky this week. We have pork shoulder on sale for just $0.99 cents per pound! It has the bone in, but I don't care. I think it adds better flavor when I slow cook it in my crock for 12 hours!

Carry on! ; )

Leslie's pics said...

waaaaahhh! Every food pic for the next few weeks will just make me weep :(

jalna said...

99 cents/pound, Mark!!

Try again, Les. I go with you.

K and S said...

looks good!