Monday, July 25, 2016

Kauai - Omiyage


My last Kauai post. Boy, I made that last long, yah . . . so sad to see it come to an end.  But . . . all good things . . . 

This is what I brought back for omiyage. 

Taro Ko taro chips ($5.00) and potato chips ($4.50).
IMG_4860a

Soooo delicious . . . Kauai Nut Roasters nuts. These bags were $6 each. They also come in a bigger $11 size. (Thank you so much, Lorna, for sending me more!!)
IMG_4857a

This is not really an exclusive Kauai thing, but Leslie bought a bag at Sueoka store in Koloa for $1 something and it was so good that I went back and got about a half dozen to bring back. 
IMG_4854a

This Kauai Kookie Macadamia Tea Cookie ($4.25) was really good. Wish I bought more.
IMG_4853a

This . . . also from Kauai Kookie . . . was 9 bucks! And I bought two bags! I didn't know the price and just took them to the register. What a surprise! It tastes good but . . . 18 bucks . . . for seed!
IMG_4851a

These were $3.75 each. I didn't get any for myself so I don't know how they taste.
IMG_4843a

From Tip Top . . . the plain was $3.50 and the chocolate dipped was $4.25. Wendell got the plain one. He said it was "okay".
IMG_4841a

These breadsticks were $3.95 each. 
IMG_4848a

This was also from Tip Top. I don't remember how much I paid. It wasn't too good. Maybe it's because I forgot about it and ate it two days later after I came home and unpacked. 
IMG_4839a

After we returned back home I learned about opihi cookies and Lawai manju. Wendell will be going to Kauai soon, so I've asked him to try check them out. Anything else? 

Anyway, that was such a fun trip, yah. Thanks Les!!!

12 comments:

K and S said...

all sorts of yummy things! thanks for sharing your taro chips with me:)

Kalin's Mommy said...

I think Lawai Convenience Store closed down in 2015???? Might want to check on that.

jalna said...

You're welcome, Kat!

Thanks, Mich.

Susan said...

You sure bought lotsa stuff! Haha...even filipino Boy Bawang!

Honolulu Aunty said...

So much omiyage! Your bags must have been full since you are always sharing, sharing, sharing. You SO nice!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Lawai Store closed....waaahhhh! The manju was so Ono! To me, it was the best manju in the State of Hawaii. It was easy to eat, they shaped it into little squares. The crust was buttery and flaky. They had different fillings too:an, sweet potato, Apple, coconut. Sigh...
The Opihi cookies are super good. Thanks for letting us join you on your adventures!

Izsmom

Julie said...

I have never tried Sweet Li Hing Mui -- does it taste like umeboshi?

jalna said...

Susan, that Bawang was good!!

Aunty, YOU da one always sharing!

Izsmom, I wanna go "waaaahh" too now!! Your description makes it sound so good!!

Julie, it's like dried ume but not as soft.

Leslie's pics said...

fun fun fun!! I still want manju but.

jalna said...

Me too, Les!

:) josefina :) said...

Jalna! I never read your blog long time and I am catching up. I love those seeds! My friend is from Kauai and gave me one time, and it's so ono!

jalna said...

Hey Josefina!! Was wondering where you went . . . LOL!