Saturday, October 17, 2015

Water Droplets in the Morning


I took these photos on 10/15/15 at around 7:00 a.m. When letting Kona out in the morning, I saw water droplets on my citrus plants, so I went back into the house and grabbed my camera and 100mm macro lens. I really shoulda grabbed my tripod too, but I was too lazy and didn't have much time anyway.  One of these days, I'll do it the right way. 

Instead, I held my breath, tucked my arms in, rested the camera on my double chin and clicked, clicked, clicked, hoping that at least a few of the shots would come out clear.
IMG_7778

These are the drops that initially caught my eye. There wasn't much light so I set my ISO to 1600. My camera is so da bomb-diggity that noise is not a problem even at 1600. 
IMG_7768-2a

Huge drops in sweet light . . . make me love taking pictures. 1/1000 at f4.0.
IMG_7771a

My neighbor's fence can be seen in this drop.
IMG_7761a


17 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Wow, feels so soothing. Nice!

jalna said...

I love your description, Mich!

Mark Shelby said...

Wow! That's awesome Jalna! I love it! Sweet!

No look at the very last pic. The drop on the very bottom right. It looks like it is magnifying a window on your house with white blinds. Do you see the distinct white lines pattern in the drop?

Is that what I am seeing? Your house window?

Look really close!

The only thing that could have made this better is a praying mantis taking a drink! ; ) OK....next time! ; )

jalna said...

Hahahaha . . . "praying mantis taking a drink" . . . you so funny, Mark! It's the neighbor's fence that you see.

Nippon Nin said...

Incredible!!! So neat!

K and S said...

so cool!

Honolulu Aunty said...

NIIIICCCE! No need tripod, imo.

jalna said...

Thanks Akemi!

Thank you, Kat!

Thank you, Aunty!

Dd said...

soooo awesome .....

Mark Shelby said...

"Instead, I held my breath, tucked my arms in, rested the camera on my double chin and clicked, clicked, clicked"....


Jalna, after reading your comments again I finally understand why you take mo betta pics den me!

I do all of the above! Except one, I no get one double chin! So you win! ; )

Keep the fun awesome pics coming!

DNakamaru said...

Super awesome!!!!

jalna said...

Thanks, Dd!

Mark, one trick you can use if you shoot using your left eye . . . rest your camera on your left shoulder.

Thanks, Dean!

Mark Shelby said...

At times I do exactly what you do Jalna. I exhale and hold my arms still close to my body. I have shot guns all my life. And I know all about the exhale and the very slight minimum squeeze, with no jerk! <~~the most important! Just like shooting a gun. ; )

Leslie's pics said...

HO DA ROCK!!!

Susan said...

Amazing! Looking at your pics doesn't do justice on my iphone, always have to get on my laptop : )

jalna said...

Exactly like dat, Mark!!

But you shoulda seen how many shots I took, Les!

Thanks, Susan!!

Kay said...

Wow! I am totally impressed. You should enter these photos in one of those Photographer contests. Absolutely spectacular!