Monday, August 17, 2015

Bangkok Chef with Kat and Mich


If you read Kat's blog Adventures in Japan then you might already know that me and Mich met up with Kat last week. First time meeting Kat, but it was like meeting up with an old buddy. Pretty cool how that works, yah.

The Chicken Larb below is totally my favorite dish, but I was so excited meeting Kat, that my mind went blank and all I could say was, "It's a chicken dish . . . um, chicken . . . chicken . . . all cut up . . . " I think it was Kat who pointed at the menu board and said, "Is that it? No. 24?" Yup, that was it. 

And also, when you're ordering and you tell them that your name is "Sue" instead of "J-a-l-n-a" for convenience's sake, it's a good idea to remember your name when your order is ready. Just saying.

Chicken Laarb ($9.35)
IMG_2974

This was their House Special Rad Nah. ($13 something)
IMG_2973

Panang Chicken Curry ($8.45)
IMG_2975

Spring Roll ($8.60)
IMG_2976

We shared this Mango Panna Cotta ($2.95). Very refreshing! Thanks Mich!
IMG_2979

And here's my goodies from Kat!  Thanks Kat! It really was fun meeting you.
IMG_7318


11 comments:

K and S said...

thanks again! was lots of fun:)

jenny said...

That's great! Glad you ladies had a good time! :)

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looked like fun and delicious!

Nippon Nin said...

I'm glad you had a nice time!
Ha ha ha I do the same! I put my name down as Kim...a fellow painter whom I know for over 10 years (she shows up at painting class once a while, usually just teacher and me), very creative with spelling of my name. She use ch in the place of K or other fun spelling...nice lady...always remember my birthday...you know...cute gift and a card that says...who?

Anonymous said...

j: glad to find out more details on that meal y'all shared. Looks so ono and they give a lotta chicken. I do the same name thing like you but I do have a nickname. Forget trying to spell out my first name, no one ever gets it right the first time ever. I use to use my (married) last name since it's only 3 letters...and used it all the time at a nearby drive inn. Somehow they thought it was my FIRST name and when I got to know them better that's all I was known by. Oh well, can't ever win with a different name.-N

Les said...

Hahaha so funny, Randy is "Rick," except one time there was someone he knew behind of him in line so he had to say "Randall," and of course they didn't understand him. Sorry I couldn't make it to lunch, looks like I missed out on some good grubs :(

celia said...

I saw this on FB, customer says "Marc with a C", person taking order writes Cark on his cup.
It must be hard to take orders, write names and collect money while they see a long line of customers.
I also tried "Susan" since Celia is a challenge. But I did forget that was my order when they called Susan. Now I just say Celia and spell out my name.

I also like Bangkok Chef.

jalna said...

You're welcome, Kat.

Thanks, Jenny.

It was ono as usual, Aunty!

I think people who remember others' birthdays are so thoughtful, Akemi. I kinda suck at it.

My new hairdresser at Fantastic Sam's calls me by my last name, N. I'm not sure if she thinks it's my first name or it's their custom (she's not from here).

Les, try read Celia's comment below. At least Randy didn't say "Rick with a k", then they would call him "Kick". LOL!

Celia, that is soooo funny!!!

Susan said...

So funny the comments, I too use my daughters name at times. I'm tired of spelling my name out bec if I don't they want to put a "z" somewhere, but it doesn't matter to me. Just easier to use a name that ppl can spell. So cool to meet up with your blog friend!! Yummy food too.

jalna said...

You know what I think is cool, Susan? When people recognize me and tell me that they read my blog.

Erick said...

Everything looks great. I love larb!