Thursday, June 19, 2014

Shopping at Marukai


Just a few pictures here from a couple of shopping trips to Marukai.

IMG_4774

These were in the "health" section.  I don't know what Moromi Vinegar is good for.
IMG_4775

Or Black Vinegar for that matter.
IMG_4776

More healthy drinks . . . Young Barley Leaves and Kale.  I didn't buy any healthy stuff.
IMG_4777

I bought MOCHI instead!!
IMG_4781

I bought this Oyster Shoyu a few weeks ago.  It's good.  To the left of it is Konbu Shiitake Mushroom shoyu.  Interesting, yah.  Gotta wait for it to go on sale.  Wonder if it ever does.
IMG_4782

These kanji caught my eye. Natto Konbu!!! Whaaaa?
photo_1

Gagome konbu is already sticky.  This must be extra, extra slimy.  Ewwwww.  It was $7.
photo_2

This was in their New Items area. Yaki Hoshi Ume!!! Grilled Dried Ume!!!  Say what???
photo_3

And it was expensive.  $12 for 10 pieces.  Looks good though.
photo_4

I love this apple juice.  I didn't buy any because I know that it's gonna go on sale soon.  I can wait. 
photo_5

But this t-shirt.  I had to get it.  Even though it's gonna be almost $3 cheaper from July 1.  It's Totoro. And this particular design is Studio Ghibli's logo.  I just love their movies. Spirited Away is one of my favorites.  I didn't wanna take the chance that they might be sold out by the time I get to go there again. 
photo-2

That's all for now. 


6 comments:

Nippon Nin said...

Ha ha ha! I always buy 'healthy stuff' Moromi vinegar from Okinawa is great for hey fever and ease the tiredness...so I was told. I'm a believer!

Totoro T-shirts? Nice!

jalna said...

Oooooh, so that's what it's for! Thanks for the info, Akemi!

jenny said...

Cute shirt! Hey Jalna...does Marukai still run a membership program or is it open the public now??

jalna said...

Thanks Jenny! Yes, it's cheaper if you're a member. You get two cards so my sisters wen half/half. I think it's $15, but not sure.

Geri said...

I bought that ume....give you some

jalna said...

You bought it? OMG.