Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Calligraphy Attempt


Vicki is my cousin's cousin.  I've never met Vicki, but she's been a faithful reader of my blog for awhile now.  She and her husband just returned from Japan, and not only did she bring me back some onolicious Hoshi Ume, but she also bought for me a cute calligraphy ink block set.  How nice izdat, yah!!

I made a riveting 15-minute video showing my first attempt at using the set.  The video is actually kinda lame. My hands are not even fully in the frame sometimes. And I seem to have some kind of accent. I challenge you not to laugh when I say, "So kwute" and "flozen". 

And . . .  the video will end abruptly . . . no sayonara or nothing.  The camera clicked off by itself to avoid overheating, and I didn't feel like repeating myself. 




Thank you Vicki!!! I really like the set.  I'm gonna try practice again later.

16 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

So neat, nice video skills and comments!

jalna said...

Hahahaha! Really, Mich? Thanks. Maybe I'll make some more den, and torture you guys with um.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!

you didn't drink enough of Mike's frozen lemonade.....would have been juuuus right! Not too hesitant, not too light, juuuus right!

Vicki

jenny said...

wow such nice handwriting! i think i need to invest in a new camera...that i will end up being too lazy to use. haha!

Susan said...

How fun! Now I have a voice and a laugh to match the face! Lol

Anonymous said...

I was giggling withcha. I was wondering what the frozen booze had to do with anything initially. Ah, mood setting, got it. Like many things that LOOK easy calligraphy isn't. Thank you for sparing us the 15 min. it took to warm up the ink. LOL Kinda funky to hear your own voice in a video, yea? What are you gonna do with all your writings?

Erick said...

Cool, so exciting. But sorry I fell asleep, I'll watch it again later.

jalna said...

Funny, Vicki!!

Jenny, I'm usually too lazy to bust out the tripod, but I'm glad I did.

It was fun, Susan!

Yah, it was weird hearing my own voice, Anon. I trashed all of my writings. Not sure what I'd do with um if they came out good.

Ahahaha, I tried to make my voice not so boring, but I musta failed, Erick.

Les said...

that was freakin hilarious. I noticed that it was almost 15 minutes, then i was like "oohh nooo...so long!" But then you busted out the margarita mix and I was cracking up!

jalna said...

Ahahahahaha. I gotta get more of that mix, Les!!!

Mokihana said...

I loved it! Love your laugh and I loved watching the process. Mahalo!!

jalna said...

Hahaha. Thanks, Moki. I wondered if my giggling would annoy people. Glad to hear that you were okay with it.

mmiissee said...

must have steady hand...very nice!

jalna said...

Thanks, Mmiissee!

Nippon Nin said...

Ha ha ha, you're so cute! And have good handwriting.

jalna said...

LOL. Thanks, Akemi.