Monday, March 3, 2014

Apple Cobbler


The other night I was supposed to meet up with some of my high school classmates but I chickened out.  I got shy.  I made some cobbler instead.

IMG_2050

The recipe calls for tart apples, but I just used what we had.
IMG_2015

Here's the recipe. LOL.  I got it from here.  
IMG_2019

I made a half recipe amount.  My sister Didi is gonna cringe at the buss-up-ness of my pan, but cannot help . . . it's the perfect size, and I no more one better one.  I sliced up about 5 apples and then sprinkled with sugar/cinnamon.
IMG_2023

Then I made the topping and poured some melted butter over it according to the recipe.
IMG_2027

Baked at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.
IMG_2046

Ate with some Roselani Macadamia Nut ice cream right outta the oven.  OMG!  
IMG_2038

Actually it was a little too sweet.  You could probably lessen the amount of sugar . . . maybe even half the amount.

12 comments:

Les said...

shy? wait. SHY?? REALLY??? hahahaaha!

jalna said...

Hey . . . I am very shy, Les. That's why I hide behind a camera.

Edwina said...

Jalna,
We missed you on Saturday night. We were there from 4:30 and left around 11pm. There were 13 of us, all Kaimuki grads. We equally represented the 3 intermediate schools that "feed" Kaimuki (Washington, Jarrett and Kaimuki Inter). My pics came out junk so I really needed your camera.
Next outing is the upcoming KHS Foundation dinner on March 22.
Mel Cabang is the entertainment.

jenny said...

That looks amazing! And I like when pans look baus...shows that you have used it for good stuff!

jalna said...

13 of you, Edwina!! Good turnout! Foundation dinner? Aiyaaaaa . . .

Thanks Jenny!! The stuff you make always look amazing!

Honolulu Aunty said...

Looks so ono! Slurp slurp yum yum! Maybe it was too sweet to you because the apples weren't the tart type?

Kaimuki foundation dinner? Hmmm. Maybe gotta go.

Kalin's Mommy said...

Um what happened to the samples for work??? haha

jalna said...

Maybe you're right, Aunty. I shoulda accounted for the sweetness of the apples.

Uh . . . um . . . stay gone, Mich. Maybe I'll make some more. The next batch gonna be better anyway. Ahem.

Nippon Nin said...

I didn't make connection between got shy and an apple cobbler...but this looks great. You're so cute!

jalna said...

Hahahaha, Akemi. I didn't meet with my classmates because I don't really know them well, and I was too shy to go and talk story with them. So I ended up staying at home and making the cobbler.

Taryn M said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe! I made it last month for a get together and it was delicious :)

jalna said...

Yay, Taryn!