Saturday, August 17, 2013

Weight Loss


I started this diet for our Biggest Loser Competition on July 11th.  It's been around a month and a week.  I've lost 11 pounds.  I totally can't believe it.  Somehow, I've stumbled upon a method that works for me . . . my mantra being "No Carbs, No Cheating".  What's starting to baffle me is that it seems that when I eat more protein, the weight loss is accelerated.  Yesterday we had an office meeting where a bento was provided for each of us.  I ate two mochiko chicken, one spam, half a hot dog and a slice of egg omelet . . . more food than I normally been eating . . . and the scale showed a one-pound weight loss this morning.  The same thing happened after my Kikuya meal.  How izdat?

At the risk of giving away my "secret" to my competitors, here's what I've been eating.

Tofu
Fishcake (the one from Hilo)
Boiled egg (one a day)
Salad (already-made lettuce kine 'cause I'm lazy)
Soup (even canned kine like Campbell's)
Good carbs - banana, broccoli, cucumber, apples, strawberries

I adhere to "No Cheating" very strictly . . . not even "just one bite".  It makes things easier for me.  There is no ifs, ands or buts . . . and so no hesitation.

I miss eating mochi A LOT.  But it's not forever.  Weigh-in is on November 21st.  I will eat a mochi on November 21st.

11 comments:

DNakamaru said...

That's awesome that the diet is working so well!!!!! Keep going!

celia said...

That is terrific Jalna!!! (no ifs, eating choices, & weight loss)

jalna said...

Thanks Dean!

Thanks Celia!

K and S said...

way to go :) keep it up!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

Nippon Nin said...

Wow! You're doing great! November 21st? I think you should weigh yourself before having the Thanksgiving feast. I hope you win!

jalna said...

Thanks Akemi! November 21 seems so far away right now.

Erick said...

Congrats!

jalna said...

Thanks Erick.

Myko said...

Great job. Not sure if I mentioned this to your first entry regarding weight loss but I am also doing a weight loss challenge to help a friend get toned for her wedding. Lost over ten months in a month with bootcamp work outs and eating healthier.

jalna said...

That is GREAT Myko!!! I think I gotta start working out now too. I've kinda hit a plateau. Our challenge also started as an inspiration for a coworker who is getting married in November.