Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sick Dog


Kona is sick, and I'm worried sick.  Thursday, he barfed up all of his breakfast and he had major diarrhea.  Yesterday, the vomiting stopped but he still had loose stools.  The worse part is he has no appetite. Yesterday, he only ate a few biscuits and two apple slices.  This morning, he wouldn't eat anything.

IMG_4215

So we took Kona to the vet.  He got a couple of shots and some medicine.  I also bought a few cans of i/d Low Fat GI Restore canned dog food.  It took Kona a few hours but he did eat around half of the can.  I hope he starts feeling better soon.  

9 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

:( Hope he gets better soon!

jenny said...

Oh noes. I'm sorry to hear this. I do hope Kona gets better soon!

K and S said...

hope he feels better soon, you take care too.

Anonymous said...

Hi jalna I hope that kona is feeling much better... make sure he is well hydrated and in a cool spot. Might just be something that didnt agree with him. I heard that cottage cheese helps with the runs.
Rice is also a good binder.

My doggie was very sick recently and it was very stressful. I know you must feel likewise.

Sending kona comforting thoughts and hugs !

Honolulu Aunty said...

Glad he is feeling better. Dogs are the most wonderful companions, true gifts to their owners.

We just lost one of ours, it was very sad but he is now in doggie heaven.

Hope the new diet works wonders!

Aunty

jalna said...

Me too Mich!

Thanks Jenny.

Thank you Kat. Hope you and yours are doing ok too.

Thanks Anon.

Thank you Honolulu Aunty.

Nippon Nin said...

I'm sorry to hear that Kona is sick. I hope he will gets better very soon. I'm praying for your Kona.

Erick said...

Poor Kona, I hope he is feeling better.

jalna said...

Thank you Akemi!

He started eating yesterday Erick. I'm so relieved.