Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Easy Miso Soup


For those of you who might not know . . . I don't really cook.  And when I do cook, it's lazy-man style.  I don't work hard at it . . . I just throw stuff together.  This miso soup was no exception.

Look at all these ingredients! 

IMG_3896

I put around 8 cups of water into a pot and added 2 packets of this.
IMG_3795

I added 1/2 cup of this sake.
IMG_3797

I bought the following ingredients at Nijiya Market.  I added around 1/2 cup of this miso. BTW, Nijiya Market had choke mochi of all different varieties on a table right by the door.   I picked several of them up and said to them, "Awww . . . I miss you." and put them back down. There were some more in the refrigerated section, and I did the same thing. I think I might've even stroked some of the containers.
IMG_3789

I thought this was cool so I bought it. It says, "miso something wakame".  I ended up putting too much into my soup.  It expanded a lot.
IMG_3784

This is hasu.  Was kinda not too crunchy, but it's frozen that's why. Cannot help if you lazy like me.
IMG_3791

Lastly, I added in some of this tofu.
IMG_3793

My miso soup came out okay . . . not as oishiii as Kikuya Restaurant's, but not bad.  Me and my mom went to Kikuya a few weeks back after we visited her sister's grave.  She forced me to eat a huge combination plate there.  I'll show you a picture later.

7 comments:

Les said...

wow chef jalna, that looks yummy!

Kalin's Mommy said...

Looks good!

jalna said...

Funny Les . . . "chef jalna". Hahaha!

It was okay, Mich. Fills me up.

Erick said...

Wow, I am so impressed! You can cook. LOL

jalna said...

I dunno if you can really call me a cook, Erick. LOL.

Nippon Nin said...

I like the lotus roots in miso soup. I will do the same next time. Your friends are very funny. Can I call you chef Jalna too?

jalna said...

No, no, no Akemi . . . you of all people cannot call me "chef". LOL!!!