Thursday, August 22, 2013

Leslie's Tofu Dressing


Leslie got the recipe for this dressing from Dr. Weil's Optimum Health Plan.  I just loved the garlic flavor, and isn't it great that it's made with tofu!

IMG_4552

Here's the salad that I had for lunch yesterday. She even brought the spinach for me.

IMG_4558

Combine the following ingredients in a blender and mix well.

6 ounces soft tofu, drained
2 tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 tbs. canola oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 tbs. chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 1/2 tbs. cider vinegar

Leslie said that she felt that the flavor was lacking a bit so she added a little paprika too.

Update:  Leslie said she added cayenne pepper, not paprika.  Cayenne pepper . . . paprika . . . what's the difference . . . same color, right?  Okay, okay . . . what do I know.

7 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

hahah paprika?? Cayenne pepper!!

jalna said...

LOL!!!! Thanks Les. See my "update".

Erick said...

Looks ono! Ha, ha, one is hot, one is not.

mmiissee said...

Awesome...I must try. Easy recipe.

jalna said...

Oooooh I see Erick! LOL.

Was ono, Mmiissee!

Nippon Nin said...

I liked it! I made for my edamame salad the other day. I probably put the pictures on my today's post. Thank you and Leslie for the recipe. I did not have Italian parsley so mine was white like tofu.

jalna said...

I'm so glad Akemi. I'll let Leslie know you like it.