Monday, March 4, 2013

I Feel Weak


Aunty fell this morning. She went outside early in the morning in the dark to do stuff she neva have to do and then she fell.  

I found her in the backyard on the ground after me and Kona came back from our walk.  She had hurt her right shoulder and couldn't even get up.  I went into the bedroom to get Wendell. I couldn't lift Aunty up by myself.

I made her breakfast . . . the usual cereal and milk, a banana and half a sandwich.  She ate them with her left hand. She couldn't even lift her right. 

Wendell took off from work, and they are now on their way to the doctor's office.  He had to first go to City Mill to pick up a step stool so that Aunty would have an easier time getting into his truck.  You see, normally she needs to hoist herself up by grabbing onto the handles with both of her hands. It was a struggle, even with the stool, but he got her in.

I'm so lucky that Wendell takes everything in stride.  He just does what he gotta do.  Me . . . I feel weak.

8 comments:

waibu said...

Oooo sorry to hear about Aunty's fall. Good thing you found her and was able to get her safely into the house.

You have good, strong husband, he's your ROCK. You're the heart and soul for your family and friends, you are their ROCK.

Hope you are feeling better after your early morning adrenalin rush...I can understand how it feels when our loved ones get hurt.

Hope Aunty's ok.

K and S said...

oh no! please take care.

Nippon Nin said...

I'm so sorry. I'm praying for you and for your aunt. Your son is really an awesome guy.

Anonymous said...

Your husband is a real gem ...not everyone is so easy going like he is. Plus he gets things done right and with no fuss.

Dont feel weak...empower yourself ! and learn from this incident. Life has many turns and its never too soon to be empowered :)

Susan said...

Praying she's ok.

jalna said...

Thank you so much for your kind words, Waibu.

Thank you Kat.

Thanks Akemi.

Wendell IS a gem, Anon. Thank you. I never thought of taking care of Aunty as empowering, but you're right. I was always an insecure caregiver, even as a mom. The more I have to do for Aunty, the better I'm getting at it.

Thank you Susan.

Erick said...

Thank God for Wendell. I hope Aunty is OK.

jalna said...

Awww, Erick, your comment made me cry. Thanks.