Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Wendell's Crabcakes

Wendell made these last night, and they were bloody brilliant. Can you tell I just watched a British segment of Undercover Boss, my new favorite TV show? 

Lacking in presentation on my part . . . I just grabbed the waxpaper-lined plate that the crabcakes were on, and totally flash-zapped this shot . . . this photo does not do it justice.  They were Da Best Crabcakes I Ever Ate. Wendell used the recipe from here.

IMG_9010

The recipe is actually for a fancy sandwich so you can ignore some of the ingredients listed and just follow the directions for the crabcake portion which is:

Combine mayonnaise, egg, Dijon mustard and hot chili sauce in a large bowl and using a whisk, mix well. Add green onions, dill, parsley, bread crumbs, diced red pepper, lemon zest and lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients well.

Gently fold in crabmeat and mix gently trying not to break up the crabmeat. Carefully divide mixture into 6 patties and dust with flour. Place patties into saucepan with peanut oil. Saute on medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes and carefully turn and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on the other side.

8 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

This sounds so awesome and they look good too. Makes me so irritated that I can't eat crab...I know if I could, I'd enjoy these...Food Network has some awesome recipes.

Erick said...

Yum, looks so ono!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat!

I feel for you Betty. They were goooood.

Thanks Erick.

Mariko said...

Mmmm. I don't love crab cakes but for some reason this sounds good... That means the picture did it justice! :)

Kalin's Mommy said...

Hmmmm, mustard goes into crabcakes? Not sure I like them anymore, but his really looks good!

jalna said...

Awww thank Mariko!

I think you'd like this Mich.

Nippon Nin said...

Unlike my daughter, I love crab cakes!

jalna said...

Oh Akemi, these were so good!