Saturday, June 16, 2012

After Swap Meet 6/9/2012

Other than buying my food slicer at the swap meet last weekend, we mostly bought only small-kine stuff.   Most of the action actually happened after shopping at the swap meet.

Somehow we ended up at Alicia's Market on Mokauea.  It was my first time there.
IMG_6912

IMG_6913

IMG_6914

IMG_6916

IMG_6918

IMG_6919

I was surprised to see this line of people.
IMG_6922

IMG_6931

IMG_6932

IMG_6928

IMG_6934

IMG_6936

I had actually wanted to try out the food at La Tour Cafe on Nimitz, so that was our next stop.
IMG_6940

It was busy there with no available tables, so this is all I got . . . a shot of the macaroons.
IMG_6942

We decided to eat at Bangkok Chef instead. We ordered spring rolls,
IMG_6950

Pad Si You,
IMG_6945

and my favorite Chicken Larb.
IMG_6948

12 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

La Tour has good sandwiches and the tables open up quite fast. Most people "eat and run" on weekdays. I heard Alicia's is good, but I never went there because it's always crowded inside and everyone double parks all over the place, but our friends swear by it. I never knew they had duck and roast pork too! I think I may just break down and have to go one day.

SW said...

Never been to those places but looks good...must try the bangkok chef and Le Tour one day..Great Shots..

Erick said...

I love Alicia's, they got the best roast chicken, duck and pork.

jalna said...

I hope I get a chance to try out La Tour someday. Me and my sisters are spoiled by Sam and Syd's. We call ahead and by the time we get there, the food's ready and we just dig in. We lucked out at Alicia's. There was one open space . . . otherwise I woulda just drove by.

Thanks Shun Wah.

Gotta try those next time Erick.

Anonymous said...

Talking about your meat slicer. Maybe you can try drying those deli meats for sandwiches. I had very thinly sliced pastrami style turkey meat this morning. Very tasty. I think those would turn out really crispy in a food drier. -lance

jalna said...

OMG Lance, that's such a neat idea! I'll try it out as soon as I get my dehydrator back from CQ.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention. I bought the packaged pastrami style turkey meat from Sam's Club. So thinly sliced, guarantee going be crispy. Guess Costco get the same. Or super markets. -lance

jalna said...

Thanks Lance.

Leslie's pics said...

La Tour is good, Kat and I went there once. Randy said he wants to try Sari Sari at Sam & Syds...now I'm hungry. haha

jalna said...

Oooooh, sari sari . . . . I'm hungry now too, Les!

Betty Townsend said...

That Alicia's Market looked good...only in Hawai'i can you find those kind of places...

jalna said...

So cool yah, Betty!