Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ice Machine Update

About a month or so ago our noisy ice machine broke.  I was soooo happy.  Never again would I have to listen to that awful racket on the weekends. 

Unfortunately, Wendell is good at fixing things, and he figured out that it was this part that needed replacement.  Somehow he found the part online and he ordered it.   I still had hope though.  Maybe it wasn't really that part that was broken, right?  Coulda been something else too right? 

Then Wendell had trouble contacting the place that he ordered the part from.  He wanted to know the approximate delivery date.  They didn't answer his e-mails.  They didn't respond to his phone calls.  Secretly I celebrated.  My glee was short lived, however.  The part arrived a few days ago.

IMG_7273

Well I went to Kahala Mall today after work for some last minute Christmas shopping, so I got home a little late.  As soon as I walked into the bedroom, I could hear that familiar droning racket coming from right outside of the window.  Oh Gawd, nooooooo!!  

From the beginning Wendell agreed to not run the machine when it got late because I worried that the noise might disturb the neighbors.  So I said, "Wendell, you still got that ice machine on."  He said, "Working good, hah?"

Yes, damnit.


*Erick just commented on how the ice machine is lasting long.  Maybe this is why.*
IMG_2179

11 comments:

Erick said...

LOL, that ice machine sure is lasting a long time.

Leslie's pics said...

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! Poor ting you. I wonder if Randy feels the same way about me. I'm hoping the ice machine is more noisy than my magic water machine. Then I won't feel as bad.

jalna said...

Yeah Erick. Maybe 'cause it's made in the USA.

I don't know Les. Your magic water machine is pretty loud too. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

ALL TOGETHER NOW !(sung to the tune of 'oh Christmas Tree)


Oh ice machine ...

Oh ice machine....

How lovely are your ice cubes...

You wake me up and bother me..

you are so unsightly...

Oh ice machine , Oh ice machine...

Please go away this Christmaaaaasss !!! :)

jalna said...

AHAHAHAHA, I love it, Anon!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for off topic question. Does that magic water thing work?

mmiissee said...

Sorry Jalna...but I had to laugh while reading this post.

Betty Townsend said...

Oh, dear jalna...I had hope as I read your post...drats what are you going to do to make that thing permanently die??? Love the little song, Anon...lol!!

jalna said...

Anon, Leslie's magic water machine is so cool. It makes water from the moisture in the air . . . like magic!! And I like the taste.

It's okay, you can laugh Mmiissee. This whole ice machine thing is kinda funny.

I know Betty . . . the ice machine saga continues . . .

Mariko said...

Bwah ha ha. Yeah, I think if I lived with that ice machine it would mysteriously be stolen or vandalized in the middle of the night. :)
(If you need to hire someone, I know just the guy...)

Funny song, "Anon." ;)

jalna said...

Funny Mariko!