Monday, October 10, 2011

Kaimuki High School Class of '71 40th Reunion - Part 2

Here we go peoples.  This is Part 2, the posed shots.  Don't forget to watch the video at the end, it's of Mike Kaawa singing.  I'm gonna attempt to put people's names on the pictures.  Forgive me if I get some wrong. The women's names will be maiden names.  And sorry, I didn't get the names of some of you who weren't wearing your name tags.  Part 3, the last part (I think) will be the candid shots.  I'll be working on those tomorrow after work and should be posting the pictures soon.


From left, Dexter Zane (Dexter told my sister Didi to remind me to send in my RSVP), Karl Kaneshiro (don't tell but I used to like him), Gayle Tanabe, Randy Kunselman, Edwina Sin (she's the one who asked me to take pictures).
IMG_9996a

Derrick Shimabukuro, Lynette Maeda, Robert Lau
IMG_9991a

Cynthia Murotake, Mae Fukuda
IMG_9983a

Stephanie Lukela, Lori Abe, Bev Shintani, Eleanor Haake
IMG_9982a

Virginia Fiske, Robert Lau
IMG_9980a

Lloyd Nakamura, Nathan Iha
IMG_9819a

Donna Noborikawa, Eric Ota, Lois Nagamine
IMG_9979a

Steven Kim, Frances Kanuha, Gwen Andrade, Bev Vierra, Elsie Foster
IMG_9966a

Lawrence Nakano, Gayle Terada, Richard Gomoto (don't tell but I used to like him)
IMG_9956a

Vickie Cozloff, Mike Kaawa, Paulette Franco
IMG_9951a

Kelsey Higa, William Bow, Andrew Sekine, Dexter Zane, Robert Kong, Glenn Teraoka (Glenn also took pictures).
IMG_9946a

Michael Kamida, Betty Uyeno, Carol Sugiyama, Garyce Miyake, Alan Teraoka
IMG_9941a

Alan Nakamura, Irene Horiuchi, Laurie Tamashiro, Darrell Terada, Janet Akiyama
IMG_9935a

Back:  Glenn Teraoka, Alvin Goo, Alan Fujii (don't tell but I used to like him), Wayne Hirano.  Front:  Dennis Tong, Robert Kong
IMG_9916a

Laurie Tamashiro, Valerie Hamano, Janet Katsura
IMG_9894a

Keith Sakata, Jo-Ann Ing, Walter Yamaguchi
IMG_9892a

Brant Nishizuka, Iris Uramoto, Gary Tasato
IMG_9891a

Susan Chau, Colette Yamashita, Michael Shintani
IMG_9889a

Michael Shintani, Jonathan Suzuki, Nathan Iha
IMG_9869a

Standing:  Edwina Sin, Bev Vierra, Dottie Fisher, Tina Murray. Sitting:  Frances Kanuha, Elsie Foster
IMG_9863a

Janet Katsura, Jo-Ann Ing, Bev Shintani
IMG_9860a

Sam Prestidge, Frank Sera, Montgomery Kalai, Douglas Kamakani
IMG_9859a

Michael Kamida, Yukie, Kuulei Fukumoto, Richard Gomoto (again)
IMG_9856a

Edwina Sin and Gayle Tanabe
IMG_9848a

Valerie Hamano, Velma Ko (Velma is the one who e-mailed me and asked if I was going to the reunion and I said no), Stephanie Lukela, Bev Shintani
IMG_9844a

Michael Kamida, Garyce Miyake, Nathan Iha
IMG_9837a

Russell Takara, Lyle Miyaji, Richard Gomoto (and again)
IMG_9835a

Tina Murray, Kathleen Hamasaki, Colleen Hayashi
IMG_9831a

Betty-Ann Igawa, Douglas Kamakani, Lynette Maeda, June Corpuz, Lyle Miyaji
IMG_9830a

Derrick Shimabukuro, Eric Ota, Harold Matsushima.  Sitting: Dennis Tong
IMG_9826a

Darrell Terada, Alan Fujii, Dottie Fisher
IMG_9823a

Alan Nakamura, Irene Horiuchi, Michele Oshita, Sandy Kaneshiro, Richard Gomoto (and again)
IMG_9821a

Hoo hoo, I get to hug stud muffin Karl Kaneshiro!
IMG_0197a

Russell Takara and Alden Hendersen (don't tell, but you know)
IMG_0194a

You-know-who-already and You-know-who
IMG_0182a

Kuulei Fukumoto, Steven Kim, Sandy Kaneshiro, Tina Murray
IMG_0092a

Back row:  Betty Uyeno, Gayle Terada, Cynthia Murotake, Iris Uramoto, Mae Fukuda. Front row:  Lori Abe, Carol Sugiyama, Colette Yamashita, Ann Moriyasu
IMG_0080a

Frances Kanuha, Mike Kaawa, Elsie Foster
IMG_0077a

Garyce Miyake and Ann Moriyasu - still skinny and pretty . . . DAMNIT.  Nah, nah .  . . kidding . . .  *ahem*  . . . yah . . . kidding
IMG_0074a

Derrick Shimabukuro, Debra Mero, Ailona Felix
IMG_0065a

Lance Watari (don't tell but  . . . )
IMG_0063a

Beth-Ann Strickland, Dottie Fisher, Debra Mero
IMG_0058a

Henry Terada
IMG_0052a

Back row:  Vickie Cozloff, Paulette Franco, Debra Mero, Ailona Felix, Dottie Fisher, Montgomery Kalai.  Sitting:  Frances Kanuha, Elsie Fisher, Gwen Andrade.
IMG_0023a

Ailona Felix and Frances Kanuha
IMG_0020a

Mike Kaawa, Noren Takamura
IMG_0015a

June Corpuz, Cynthia Chu, Kuulei Fukumoto.  You like hear something funny?  At the reunion June goes, "Cynthia, you remember Jalna.  Jalna, you remember Cynthia."  We both look at each other's name tags. I go, "Yeah, sure . . . " but I'm actually thinking "I have no idea who she is."  In the meantime Cynthia goes, "Hmmmm, no, I don't remember."  I bust out laughing and I go, "Yeah, you know what?  I don't either." 
IMG_0012a

Kuulei and her mom.  Her mom is 92 years old, healthy and sharp as a whip.
IMG_0001a

And here's Mike Kaawa

20 comments:

K and S said...

fun fun, eh, you sure liked a lot of guys :)

jalna said...

Hahahaha. Yup I guess I did. But now I only like one.

Dd said...

So so many familiar faces...Richard, Nathan, Mark..yup..all your crushes..

jalna said...

Hey wait a minute Didi, you added some names in there . . . maybe they were YOUR crushes . . . hmmmmm?

Dd said...

Nathan Iha....did Karl have a brother Mark ??

Anonymous said...

Yikes....I know Edwina. Small world.

The Little Foodie said...

You guys are so cute! I love that you had the old pictures on the name tags.
Truthfully, I couldn't remember some people after only 10 years. Oops.

jalna said...

Dunno Didi.

So amazing Anon, the people who have said, "Hey, I know so-and-so!"

Mariko, those name tags saved me.

Ed said...

Jalna,
Name correction: Russell Takara

All the pics look great! Like I said "you dah bomb!"

jalna said...

OMG Ed, I going fix um now. Thanks!

Leslie's pics said...

I can't believe how young some of your classmates look! I just saw pics of some of mines and some look like they're 50! yikes!

Ho, plenny guys eh?

jalna said...

I knooooow Les!!

Erick said...

Wow, great shots of your classmates. Looks like it was a totally fun event. I didn't Bruce Shimabukuro was your classmate too.

jalna said...

Thanks Erick, you goofball.

Betty Townsend said...

Very nice...lots of guys you liked...all very good looking!!

jalna said...

Hahahah, funny Betty! I got Wendell now . . . and he's da best.

Edwina said...

Jalna,
Another oops. Should be Lyle Miyaji.

jalna said...

Thanks Ed!! I'll fix. Ho da good eye you get!

Anonymous said...

jalna - long time no. always wandered what became of you. such a unique name. neat blog site - you still interesting as ever. it was really cool seeing a bunch of people that never come to these damn reunions. i still don't know why i go - sorta like watching a roller derby, i guess. can't take the lolo out of palolo. just like me....lori

jalna said...

Awwww Lori, thanks for taking the time to comment. I'm so glad I did get to talk to you, even if it was for just a little bit. You honestly look wonderful. I'll be attending more of our functions, I promise. In the meantime if you ever need my photography services, let me know. I'm really cheap . . . FREE!!