Saturday, May 21, 2011

Me and Susie at the Library

The Eyes of Hawaii Photo Club has an exhibit at the Hawaii State Library this month.  Me and Susie went to check it out today.

IMG_0630

The light coming from above in the entranceway was great for picture taking.
IMG_0666

Erick's photo is on the bottom.
IMG_0640

Susie really liked this one.
IMG_0646

There were more photos displayed in the reading room, but unfortunately there was some kind of presentation going on so we just browsed around and never did get to see the rest of the exhibit.
IMG_0649

IMG_0659

IMG_0660

IMG_0655a

IMG_0661

IMG_0668

We walked around a little bit afterwards . . . past the Iolani Palace.
IMG_0684

And then went down to the post office.  I shot this at 1/10 hand held. I cheat though. I rest the camera on my shoulder.
IMG_0747

IMG_0721

Susie likes to shoot nature stuff.
IMG_0759

Can somebody tell me?  We went at 12 noon today (Saturday).  Me and Susie stuck $3.00 in the meter to last us 2 hours.  Erick said he never feeds the meter on Saturdays.  To me it looks like only in the evenings, on Sundays and Holidays you no need feed the meter.
IMG_0778

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

wow, what a neat place to take pictures!! I never would of thought of going there!

Erick said...

Nice shots of the library! I like the cool angles. But I love the model, she is just lovely!

K and S said...

nice shots! never been inside this library

Betty Townsend said...

What a fun way to spend an afternoon! Too bad you didn't get to see the whole exhibit.

jalna said...

Les, that was fun, but I kept expecting the security people to tell us that taking pictures wasn't allowed. Me and Susie were really quiet though and practically tip-toed around, so maybe that's why they let us.

I agree Erick. Susie was a great model.

Oh Kat, it's so neat exploring around in there.

Betty, me and Susie used to go on photo excursions a lot when we shared the same afternoons off. Now are schedules kinda don't match so we can't do it as often.

OkiHwn said...

As far as the parking signs, the green one should have another line that says no parking during tow way hours. But that would make too much sense.

jalna said...

Lol, Nate!

SW said...

Great photos! Your library interior looks so bright..did you use flash in some of them? How'd you manage to get the glare off the photos. I tried taking some of them but the glare..
Glad ou found parking.. and it didn't get towed. Those signs are confusing!

jalna said...

Thanks Shun Wah. I didn't use my flash at all. I just checked . . . for the wide-angle of the entrance my settings were ISO 1600, 1/125, f5.6 and the ones with Susie looking at the displays, ISO 640, 1/160, f6.3. Afterwards, I was mad at myself for forgetting that I had a polarizing filter on, but now that you mention the glare, that's probably why I didn't have problems with it.

mmiissee said...

great photo shots ^_^

jalna said...

Thanks Mmiissee!