Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Big Island Candies Manju

The next time you go to Hilo, I know you're gonna bring me back some Two Ladies Kitchen mochi. Thank you very much. But can I ask you . . . when you go to Big Island Candies, instead of getting me some chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies can you get me this? I don't know how much it costs though. They don't mention it on their site . . . must be really new. Tiare shared some with us at work, and it was sooo ono that for a little while I forgot my name . . . really.

IMG_6495

Runa said that her grandma used to make a similar dessert back home in Indonesia called
Nastar. Maybe I should try making it myself. We'll see.

IMG_6499

8 comments:

Erick said...

You have to try their strawberry manju or is it mochi, it is fabulously ONO! They don't always have it and it goes fast.

jalna said...

I've never had that Erick. But if it's anything like this pineapple manju . . . I been missing out.

K and S said...

ooh yum!

jalna said...

Sooo yum, Kat!

Betty Townsend said...

Looks wonderful!

jalna said...

It was forget-my-name wonderful, Betty!

Nippon Nin said...

Yeah! it looks so good!

jalna said...

It's soooo good, Akemi.