Sunday, January 9, 2011

Beanzie and Kawika Engagement Shoot

Beanzie and Kawika are good friends with coworker Tysha. Me and Les met them at Moanalua Gardens today. They were WONDERFUL models, so so sweet and so willing to do whatever me and Les asked, even if they had to contort themselves into pretzels for us. We had a blast . . . but I have to be honest . . . I still struggle with the lighting. I need more practice, practice, practice.

IMG_9962a

IMG_0005-3a

IMG_0040a

IMG_9977a

IMG_0022-3a

IMG_0038a

11 comments:

Leslie's pics said...

Hooo da nice! They came out awesome! Shoot, now I gotta start post processing...wish me luck!

jalna said...

Good luck, Les . . . but you no need um.

K and S said...

so cute the l-o-v-e shot :)

jalna said...

Kat, I saw it on another photographer's blog and finally got a chance to copy it today.

Randism said...

nice; my favorite one is the second to da last; i c u making good use of photoshop ;-)

jalna said...

Thanks Rand! I'm having good fun with Photoshop and the actions and textures.

Erick said...

Wow, very nice! Like the cool post processing too.

jalna said...

Erick, you know what I did . . . I made a collage of poses that I found online, printed it and took it with us. Was easier than having to come up with stuff. I could just point and say, "Try do this." Hahaha.

Betty Townsend said...

Very nice looking couple...and great shots!!

SW said...

Just like the last hand spelling from the last shot.. L-O-V-E the Stairs shot..I think that matched them so well..
It's really cool you found all the poses and the locale was great!

jalna said...

Thanks Betty.

I have to confess Shun Wah. The original stairs photo didn't come out that great, so I gave it the vintaged look and Lo and Behold, it worked! It looks better than the original. Sometimes you just get lucky.