Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My-Style Lasagna


This is what happened. I bought this ravioli from Costco 'cause the picture on the container looked soooo good. I bought two of these containers 'cause the picture looked soooo good. Don't you think that when you put a picture on a container of something you're selling it should be a representation of what's in the container? Well it wasn't. The ravioli was not stuffed full with ono goodness like the picture, and when I made it (even with sauce) it didn't go over too well. I pretty much had to dump the leftovers.

So I decided to use my second container as the pasta portion for a lasagna.

IMG_8737

This is what happened with the meat sauce. I had two Zippy's chili tickets. On the ticket it says you can redeem it for MEAT SAUCE. Perfect . . . I no need make the sauce . . . 'cause I'm lazy like dat. Except when I took the containers home and started ladling the sauce into the pan, I noticed kidney beans. I don't think meat sauce has kidney beans. I think Zippy's chili has kidney beans.
IMG_8744

Soooooo, first you put some Zippy's chili onto the bottom of your 9 x 13 inch pan and add a layer of the not-like-the-picture ravioli from Costco.
IMG_8741

I then added a layer of ricotta, mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
IMG_8747

Repeat the layering of ingredients.
IMG_8749

I think I baked it at 350 degrees for about an hour . . . not sure. It came out okay. I didn't have to throw out any leftovers. Yaaayyyy!!!
IMG_8754

6 comments:

K and S said...

I think anything with cheese and zippy's chili would be winners!

Unknown said...

Thats sooo ME! Get what u can out of it gurl..haha.

Les said...

soo funny...uh, yah, no need bring sample for me this time! hahahaha!

jalna said...

Kat, I think you're right!

Hahaha, CQ. Good advise.

Les, actually I made this kinda long time ago . . . when Wendell was in Vegas.

Betty Townsend said...

This actually looks pretty good. Amazing what you can come up with when you improvise...All that cheezy goodness...what could possibly go wrong!!

jalna said...

Thanks Betty. You're right about gooey cheese . . . yummm!