Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Cucumber Tsukemono

I've made cucumber tsukemono before just plain, with Lincoln's Chili Pepper Water and with Heineken and Miso. Here's my new made-up version. It was really simple to make and it came out not bad.




























I bought the cucumbers from Costco. I forget how much it costs but it comes in a pack. You gotta go in the cold walk-in refrigerated section.

IMG_6612a

Salt with Hawaiian salt and press for about a day or two (if you forget about it).
IMG_6614a

Boil 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar and 1/4 c. rice vinegar until sugar dissolves. Cool. Add to rinsed out cucumbers and 1 chili pepper. That's all.
IMG_6670a

4 comments:

mmiissee said...

Looks good! I like cucumbers

jalna said...

I like um too, mmiissee!

Betty Townsend said...

Wow, so easy! I'd like to try this except I wouldn't put the chili pepper in. I need to find one of those presses. I'll have to look at Oto's the next time I go.

jalna said...

Betty, that press was such a good investment. I've been using it a lot.