Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Lunch

As promised here are photos of the rest of our Easter lunch.

Brother-in-law Michael made these deep-fried salt and pepper shrimp. He said that you just coat them with cornstarch, salt and pepper and fry. These have a little bit of Thai chili pepper on them.
Wendell made this chow mein noodles.
I made these crispy gau gee. Whaaaaaat, you no believe me?? Okay, I confess . . . I picked them up at Phoenix Restaurant.
My sister Geri made the Cold Ginger Chicken. I put the ginger sauce on . . . that's why it looks all messy.
Didi made this lup cheong and choy sum dish . . .
and Kau Yuk in bun.
Geri dressed up this bun.

7 comments:

K and S said...

*drool* everything looks so good!

jalna said...

Thanks Kat. Everything was ono, including "my" gau gee.

SW said...

wow..great food shots..it's making me real hungry!! Looks so good, I can almost smell the food thru my screen!

Betty Townsend said...

Crispy gau gee-my all time favorite, actually gau gee mein. Chinese restaurants here don't even know what that is. Everything looks so ONO!!

jalna said...

Thanks Shun Wah!

Betty, no crispy gau gee? Oh, the humanity!

Les said...

Just to let you know, I'm inviting myself over for you next family dinner...

jalna said...

Hahahaha, you're invited any time, Les!