Monday, February 8, 2010

Leslie's Birthday Celebration at Duck Yun

Wendell's good friend Steven held a small surprise birthday celebration for his wife Leslie this past Saturday at Duck Yun Restaurant in Aina Haina Shopping Center.
Steven had gone out of his way to find this beautiful bamboo plant center piece, so I would be remiss if I didn't include the picture.
I was amazed at this i-Something that played cartoons for the kids.
The food was great as usual. We started with this Chinese Chicken Salad. Then Peking Duck and Bun, always a favorite.
Sea Bass and Tofu
Honey Walnut Shrimp with Taro Basket
Mongolian Beef with Vegetables and Cake Noodle . . . actually I made that name up . . . I forgot to ask what it's called.

9 comments:

K and S said...

mmm everything looks delicious! happy birthday!

Betty Townsend said...

Yummy food!! Your photos are so colorful, it is almost like one could enjoy eating the dishes right from your photos!! That bamboo plant is gorgeous!!

Leslie's pics said...

You would be so remiss??? HAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! sorry. Had to throw that in...food looks yummy!

jalna said...

Hey Kat, food was ono!

Thanks Betty. Hope Steven reads your comment on his bamboo plant. Hahaha.

So funny, Les. I didn't want to use THAT WORD, but I couldn't think of a better one.

Erick said...

Yum, everything looks so good. Les, Happy Birthday! Nice shots too.

jalna said...

Erick, different Les.

Leslie's pics said...

HAHAHAHAAA! Thanks Erick! ;)

Randism said...

i would be derelict, neglectful, negligent, and slothful if i did not thank you for this most amazing post!

jalna said...

Holy cow, I coulda used all those words. I had to look up a couple, by the way.