Sunday, June 14, 2009

Y & M Anything-with-Chocolate Contest

It's funny how just a little thing like a food contest can brighten up a workday. Everyone from contestants to grinders were all excited in anticipation. Anyone who wanted to taste the desserts and be a judge paid $5 and the winner won the money.

This is my Banana Chocolate Delite.
Leslie's Brooklyn Blackout Cupcake
Here's Marvin prepping his Chocolate Decadence.
He would've liked to have been able to plate each piece separately with just a dollop of whipped cream on each for proper presentation, but because that wasn't possible he was forced to plop a huge spoonful smack dab in the middle of his dessert.
CQ is working hard on her Mint Chocolate Raspberry Bars.
It was so pretty that it deserved a close up.
This is Denise's Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream . . . and her Grand Prize Winner, Strawberry Chocolate Truffle.
Denise won $85!! I'll post the prize-winning recipe as soon as I get it from her. Let me know if you want any of the other recipes and I'll try and get them also.

9 comments:

Les said...

grrrr....one of these days, one of these days....

so when is the next contest?? Why do I put myself through all this torture??

jalna said...

Hahahaha. That's one of the things I love about you . . . your competitive spirit.

Dd said...

Holy Moly....did you see Marvin's plate....

jalna said...

Didi, you get good eyes!! Actually, Marvin was making the plate for one of the docs. Funny!

Betty Townsend said...

all of these look fantastic. I'd like Les's recipe and of course yours is in your previous post. and the winning recipe if you can get it. thanks!!

jalna said...

Betty, they were all really good. Leslie's recipe is already linked and hopefully I'll get Denise's soon.

Betty Townsend said...

Hahahaha!! I just discovered Les's had a link. Thanks!

ny said...

yuuuummmmmy~!!!! i have to get that contest going at our office!!! great idea!!!!

bebedeer said...

Man....I wanna work at YOUR OFFICE!!!!!!