Monday, June 22, 2009

Wild Ginger

Wendell and I went to check out Wild Ginger at the corner of 9th and Waialae in Kaimuki.

Wild Ginger serves Thai, Malaysian and Chinese food! They open daily from 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
This is the Wild Ginger Combination - it had spring roll, summer roll, soft shell crab and crab cake ($9.95).
Calamari Salad with lime/miso dressing ($7.95). I really liked this. Wendell thought it was only okay. We actually got this dish for free 'cause they have a special now where your third dish (the cheapest of the three) is free.
Grilled Crusted Salmon ($13.95). The sauce and all the vegetables were really ono, but somehow the fish itself was kinda bland to me.
Pad Thai with tofu ($7.95). We had a choice of mild, medium or spicy. I chose medium, but boy was it hot. We brought most of it home for Landon.
If you want to order take out, the number is 738-1168.

8 comments:

SW said...

Nice food shots..are you still using your 15-35mm for these? I can't believe you took pictures of the ENTIRE menu.. I've always wanted to check the place out and now I can see their menu..thanks!

jalna said...

I had to use my 50 mm f1.4 because the lighting was kinda dim for picture taking. I can't believe I shot the WHOLE menu too. I didn't know what to exclude so I just did everything.

Erick said...

Great food shots! You make the foods look so ONO. I like the antique menu too. Terrific food shooting!

Dd said...

whaaat...you did not try the Tom Yam Goong ??

Betty Townsend said...

Wow, that menu is pretty extensive and the prices are not bad. What all you had looked so good!! Your food pictures always look so good. It is like you could eat it right from the picture!! :))

jalna said...

Erick, the food was ONO.
Didi, Tom Yam Goong?
Betty, the menu selection was huge.

Dd said...

Isnt that the soup you like ??

jalna said...

Hmmmm. . . no, never heard of it. Wonder which soup you're thinking of . . .