Friday, June 19, 2009

Chocolate Bread


Brandee works part time with us and also attends KCC. She is in the culinary arts program. One of her classes this semester is Baking, and she's been bringing some ono bread to work.

This is the most popular so far. It's Chocolate Bread. It has cranberries and pieces of semi-sweet chocolate in it!
I asked her for the recipe. Small problem . . . it makes 24 boulles!
I asked my go-to man Marvin if he could trim down the proportions. The following is for 2 boulles:
1 cup water
1/4 oz. yeast
1 oz. cocoa powder
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 1/3 cup bread flour
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
Even though Brandee explained the recipe to me, I still don't really understand "Straight Dough Mixing Method", "check gluten development" or the difference between "rest" and "proof". If I ever try my hand at this, I'll be sure to post the pictures.

4 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Bread making and I do not get along. I bought a bread machine, an expensive one, tried to use it 2 or 3 times and gave up on it. Its sitting on a shelf gathering dust and whatever else happens along the way. LOL!! My daughter, on the hand, has burnt out 2 machines, using them all the time. This does look good, though!!

Leslie's pics said...

why you post recipes in a foreign language??!! :) Do you even have 24 friends to pass out 24 boules (what the heck kind of word is boules anyway???) to? I don't! hahahaha!

jalna said...

My mom too had a bread-making machine. I thought it was so neat how you just throw all the ingredients into it and a little while later you get bread. She gave her machine away. Hahahaha.

jalna said...

Les, I think YOU should try it out. I'll go to your house to take pictures. Only thing is we gotta wait hours for it to "rest" and "proof".