Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kahala Sushi

We decided to use a Kahala Sushi gift card that we had gotten for Christmas. I'm not a sushi eater so I asked Wendell and Landon to rate the sushi from 1 to 5 for me. They both said that no matter what, they had to give a 5 for the size of the fish.

The Hamachi on the left scored a 5, the Salmon in the middle a 3 and on the right the White Fish got a 4.
The Uni on the left got a 3 and the Scallop Mayo on the right deserved a 4.
Landon gave the Unagi a 4.
Wendell gave the very "crunchy" King Clam a 3 . . .
and the Saba also a 3.
I gave the Tendon I ordered a 2. It was veeeeery disappointing. I should've gotten a California Roll.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How were the prices?

SW said...

I'd have to agree w/ Wendell and Landon about giving a 5 for the size of the fish. It looks really fresh too. VERY NICE white balance on the sushi shots..mine always come out yellow. So is this place at Kahala Mall?

Leslie's pics said...

you're making me hungry....

jalna said...

tippy, the prices were high to me. The hamachi, uni, scallop mayo, and king clam were about 2/$9.75. The rest were a little cheaper. Our total bill came out to about $100. We left a $20 tip . . . the service was excellent.

jalna said...

Hey Shun-Wah, I think the focus is a little off . . . not sure if the camera needs some adjustment or it's just that I took it with my 16-35mm lens. Kahala Sushi is in Zippy's across from Kahala Mall.

Dd said...

IN Zippys ?? Owned by Zippys ?? Where have we been ??