Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mana Bu's, Makiki Bake Shop and Caryn's Okazuya

Brandee went to wait in line at 10:30 at Mana Bu's today. She said it stretched all the way to Baskin-Robbins. She returned with these gems . . . ohhhh, my precious. I decided to go get some okazu from this okazuya I remember passing on my search for the BHiver Wall.
It's on Young Street between Keeaumoku and Piikoi, just past Makiki Bake Shop heading Ewa. Makiki Bake Shop has ono orange chiffon cake, and sometimes they have them on sale to the public.
It's really small inside and when I peeked in they had some cake inside a soft drink refrigerator.
I bought one to take home ($6).
Anyway, the okazuya is called Caryn's Okazuya, and it was my first time there.
I have a feeling the breakfast must be good because I ordered the hash and it was really ono.
UPDATE: My sister Didi says they have "THE BEST SPAM STUFFED EGGPLANT TEMPURA ."
Here are Chris and John, super super nice guys.
I got tofu, hash, shrimp tempura and garlic chicken. I especially liked the hash and garlic chicken; they went well with the Mana Bu musubi.

No comments: