Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pork Ribs - 9/26/2008


Back in the days when Landon used to play baseball, this was my favorite main dish pot luck thing to make. It's wonderful for a non-cook like me 'cause it's soooo easy and soooo ono. Pork ribs (a good-sized tray) (for the Costco-sized tray you should double the recipe)
1 c. shoyu
1 c. ketchup
1 c. sugar
about 6 cloves smashed garlic (you put your knife blade on a clove and go BAM)

Boil the ribs for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours (I did it once for 2 hours thinking the longer the more fall-off-the-bone, but it came out dry). Marinate in the shoyu/ketchup/sugar/garlic mixture for a few hours or overnight or whatever. You can either broil or hibachi.
Here's the brush we use to clean the grill. Time for a new one or what?

Here's our chimney thingy . . . kinda bust-up too, but my husband is part Chinese.
Don't you just hate it when you're all done hibachi-ing, but your fire is finally at its best? So, I rummaged through our freezer and busted out these pupu pups to throw on the grill.And here's Kona watching me cry 'cause of all the smoke in my eyes.

2 comments:

K and S said...

aw kona:)

jalna said...

Kat, I thought the same thing too.