Saturday, June 28, 2008

Manoa Falls Hike - 6/28/2008

I love to walk. I hate to hike. I don't like the dampness. I don't like the mud. I don't like the mosquitoes. But when Judith said she was thinking of doing a Manoa calendar also, Susie and I decided to try to do the Manoa Falls hike. I did love the moss-covered rocks. I did love seeing birds I'd never seen before and hearing their songs. I did love seeing huge ferns and strange-looking trees. Mostly, I did love spending time with Susie who enjoys taking pictures as much as I do. It was fun.

Reaching the falls, however, only substantiated the saying that, "It's not the destination, but the journey that counts." I would call it more of a trickle than a waterfall, a bit disappointing. On top of that, this journey which usually takes normal people about an hour to complete took us 3 hours to finish, not because we are two old ladies who are slow in maneuvering ourselves, but because as Susie says, "We choose to go that slow, OKAY!"

1 comment:

Erick said...

Nice! I love the greens in all the plants. Great nature shots!